Consultant Cataract, Paediatric & Neuro Ophthalmology at The Eye Foundation, Trichy Tamil Nadu.
- Medical Retina (10 months) at Department of Vitreo-Retina,
Institute of Ophthalmology at Joseph Eye Hospital, Tiruchirapalli,
- Associated with Alcon Phaco Development fellowship program since 2017
- Senior Resident at IOJEH upto Sep 2020.
- Assistant Professor, Glaucoma and General Ophthalmology at IOJEH upto
- Surgical Experience: Have performed more than 7000 surgeries including
cataract surgeries, glaucoma surgeries and medical retina mangement.
- NABH Internal Assessor since 2019 at IOJEH,Trichy
- Surgical trainer(SICS) for Postgraduates and IOL trainees at Aravind Eye
- Postgraduate teaching at IOJEH, Trichy
- Teaching BSC Optometry students at IOJEH Trichy
- Completed UG ICMR Project entitled "Microbial Keratitis in Mangalore" 2005.
- Completed UG ICMR Project entitled "Assessment of risk factors for
atherosclerosis in Mangalore" 2007.
- Independently perform routine strabismus surgeries.
- Thomas PA, Archana Teresa P, Theodore , Geraldine P. PCR for the molecular
diagnosis of mycotic keratitis. Expert Review of Molecular Diagnostics 2012; 12(7):
- Geraldine P, Muralidharan AR, Elanchezhian R, Archana Teresa P,Thomas PA.
Acetyl-L-Carnitine as a nutraceutical agent in preventing selenite-induced
cataract. In: Handbook of Nutrition, Diet, and the Eye, editor Preedy VR. 2014:
Elsevier Inc., Oxford, UK. Chapter 50, pp. 493 to 504.
- Cover photo accepted for publication in the Eye (Nature ) in 2021
Papers presented at Conferences:
TNOA Conference 2013:
- Hyperhomocysteinemia-a risk factor for retinal vascular occlusions in young
patients: presentation and management (oral presentation).
- HIV Retinal microvasculopathy presenting as combined central retinal vein
occlusion with cilioretinal artery occlusion (e- Poster)
TNOA Conference 2014:
- Bilateral Persistent Hyperplastic Primary Vitreous- A Case report (e-Poster)
TNOA Conference 2017:
- Quality of life assessment in children with Vernal Keratoconjunctivitis at a Eye
hospital in South India (Physical poster)
TNOA Conference 2019:
- Central Corneal Thickness-a possible predictor of disc damage in glaucoma(Oral
TNOA Conference 2020:
- Astigmatism in small incision cataract surgery versus Phacoemulsification: A
- Bilateral simultaneous angle closure glaucoma with induced myopia-Think
TNOA Conference 2022:
- Distribution of pre-operative and post-operative astigmatism in patients
undergoing cataract surgery(E-poster)
- Visual fields:The eyes that are windows to the brain(E-Poster)
AIOC, Feb. 2015(New Delhi):
- Nutritional deficiencies of Folate and Vitamin B12 as potential risk factors for
hyperhomocysteinemia in young patients in the community (Oral presentation) in
- Outcome of medical therapy for microbial keratitis (Oral presentation FP 654)
Spouses' name & Occupation
- Dr.T.Joseph MD.,DM(Cardio)., DNB(Cardio)., PDF(Electrophysiology),Consultant
Interventional Cardiologist and Lead Electrophysiologist,Kauvery Heart City,Trichy.
Fathers' name &Occupation : Dr. Philip A. Thomas MD., Ph.D., FRCPath.,
- Associate Director(Rese and43 &Heead of-Octtr crejology,Joseph
Eye Hospital,Trichy, Tamilinadu.