Teaching Experience :
- Surgical trainer(SICS) for Postgraduates and IOL trainees at Aravind Eye Hospital, Salem
- Postgraduate teaching at IOJEH, Trichy
- Teaching BSC Optometry students at IOJEH Trichy
Research Experience :
- Completed UG ICMR Project entitled "Microbial Keratitis in Mangalore" 2005.
- Completed UG ICMR Project entitled "Assessment of risk factors for atherosclerosis in Mangalore" 2007.
- Independently perform routine strabismus surgeries.
- Thomas PA, Archana Teresa P, Theodore , Geraldine P. PCR for the molecular diagnosis of mycotic keratitis. Expert Review of Molecular Diagnostics 2012; 12(7): 703-718
- Geraldine P, Muralidharan AR, Elanchezhian R, Archana Teresa P,Thomas PA. Acetyl-L-Carnitine as a nutraceutical agent in preventing selenite-induced cataract. In: Handbook of Nutrition, Diet, and the Eye, editor Preedy VR. 2014: Elsevier Inc., Oxford, UK. Chapter 50, pp. 493 to 504.Cover photo accepted for publication in the Eye (Nature ) in 2021
Papers presented at Conferences:
TNOA Conference 2013:
Hyperhomocysteinemia-a risk factor for retinal vascular occlusions in young patients: presentation and management (oral presentation).
HIV Retinal microvasculopathy presenting as combined central retinal vein occlusion with cilioretinal artery occlusion (e- Poster)
TNOA Conference 2014:
Bilateral Persistent Hyperplastic Primary Vitreous- A Case report (e-Poster)
TNOA Conference 2017:
- Quality of life assessment in children with Vernal Keratoconjunctivitis at a Eye hospital in South India (Physical poster)
TNOA Conference 2019:
- Central Corneal Thickness-a possible predictor of disc damage in glaucoma(Oral presentation)
TNOA Conference 2020:
- Astigmatism in small incision cataract surgery versus Phacoemulsification: A temporal approach(E-poster)
Bilateral simultaneous angle closure glaucoma with induced myopia-Think secondary glaucoma
TNOA Conference 2022:
- Distribution of pre-operative and post-operative astigmatism in patients undergoing cataract
- Visual fields:The eyes that are windows to the brain(E-Poster)
AIOC, Feb. 2015(New Delhi):
Nutritional deficiencies of Folate and Vitamin B12 as potential risk factors for hyperhomocysteinemia in young patients in the community (Oral presentation) in ACION session
Outcome of medical therapy for microbial keratitis (Oral presentation FP 654)
Spouses' name & Occupation
- Dr.T.Joseph MD.,DM(Cardio)., DNB(Cardio)., PDF(Electrophysiology),Consultant Interventional Cardiologist and Lead Electrophysiologist,Kauvery Heart City,Trichy.
- Fathers' name &Occupation : Dr. Philip A. Thomas MD., Ph.D., FRCPath.,
- Associate Director(Research &Head of Ocular Microbiology,IOJEH,Trichy