Senior Consultant in Medical Glaucoma, Strabismus and Neurophthalmology at Retina Institute of Karnataka - A unit of The Eye Foundation, Bangalore, Karnataka.
- MBBS, MD, DNB, FICO (Ophth), FICO (Glaucoma)
- Ex- Senior Resident, Glaucoma and Squint services, Dr. R.P. Centre for Ophthalmic Sciences, AIIMS New Delhi
- Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences, Bangalore RGUHS - M.B.B.S. (2008 - 2014)
- Dr. R. P. Centre for Ophthalmic Sciences, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India - MDOphthalmology (01/01/2015 To 31/12/2017)
- National Board of Examinations, New Delhi - DNB Ophthalmology (2018)
- International Council of Ophthalmology - FICO (Glaucoma) (October 2019)
- Royal college of Surgeons, Glasgow, UK - FRCS 1 (2016)
- Royal college of Surgeons, Glasgow, UK - FRCS 2 (2020)
- Dr. R.P. Centre for Ophthalmic Sciences, AIIMS, New Delhi - Junior Resident (01-01-2015 to 31/12/2017)
- Ramesh Eye Clinic, Bangalore - Junior consultant (01/01/2018 to 3/9/2018)
- Dr. R.P. Centre for Ophthalmic Sciences, AIIMS, New Delhi - Senior Resident- Glaucoma and Strabismus services (4/9/2018 to 5/3/2020)
- Kasturba Medical College, Manipal - Senior Resident (21/3/2020 to 15/10/2021)
PROCEDURE SKILLS PERTAINING TO GLAUCOMA SERVICES:
Can perform all common ophthalmic out patient and surgical procedures including
- Cataract and IOL services- Phacoemulsification with foldable and non-foldable IOL implantation, Manual SICS with IOL implantation, Extra-capsular cataract extraction, with IOL implantation, Intra-capsular Cataract extraction, ACIOL implantation.
- Glaucoma services- Trabeculectomy with mitomycin- C with/ without releasable sutures, Combined phaco+ trabeculectomy, Combined SICS + trabeculectomy, Diode Laser Cyclophotocoagulation, Micropulse laser cyclophotocoagulation, Cyclocryotherapy.
- OPD procedures such as- Slit lamp biomicroscopy, gonioscopy, Indirect ophthalmoscopy, direct ophthalmoscopy, 90D evaluation, Ultrasound B scan, A-scan (immersion/contact), Optical biometry, anterior and posterior segment OCT, Fundus photography, Ultrasound Biomicroscopy, Visual field analysis, pachymetery, HRT and CSLO.
- Laser procedures such as Selective laser trabeculoplasty, YAG iridotomy and capsulotomy.
Actively involved in
- Routine out-patient and inpatient care including emergency ophthalmology services, surgical care and speciality clinic (Glaucoma, Squint and neurophthalmology).
- Undergraduate, Postgraduate and allied health sciences teaching curriculum.
- Seminars and CME.
Awards and Recognitions:
- Kum. Suma Jayaram Memorial Award for securing highest marks in General Medicine
- Dr. R. Srinivas Memorial Award for securing highest marks in General Medicine
- Smt. Sarojamma Eregowda Memorial Award for securing highest marks in Final MBBS
- Highest marks in Forensic Medicine, Dec, 2010
- Highest marks in Physiology, June 2009
- Highest marks in Ophthalmology, Dec 2011
- First place in state level Physiology quiz 2009
- “Evaluation of Systemic factors in the causation and recovery of ischaemic ocular mononeuropathies.” under the guidance of Prof. Pradeep Sharma, Dr. R. P. Centre, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi.
- Meditation: A Polypill for Comprehensive Management of Glaucoma Patients. Dada T, Ramesh P, Shakrawal J.J Glaucoma. 2020 Feb;29(2):133-140. doi: 10.1097/IJG.000000000000140
- Comparative Evaluation of Rebound and Perkins Tonometers in Pediatric Glaucoma With Varied Corneal Characteristics. Angmo D, Ramesh P, Mahalingam K, Azmira K, Pandey S, Gupta V, Sihota R, Dada T J Glaucoma. 2021 Apr 1;30(4):312-316. doi: 10.1097/IJG.0000000000001765
- Role of OCT- A in glaucoma Priyanka R, Karthikeyan M, Dewang A*, Shorya VA and Ramanjit S Mini Review Volume 3 Issue 6 Received Date: October 12, 2018 Published Date: December 21, 2018 DOI: 10.23880/oajo-16000170
- Dada T, Ramesh P, Sethi A, et al. Ethics of Glaucoma Widgets. J Curr Glaucoma Pract 2020;14(3):77–80.
- Gupta S, Mahalingam K, Ramesh P, et al Need of additional iridotomies despite lens extraction in spherophakes BMJ Case Reports CP 2021;14:e242838.
- Dada T, Shakrawal J, Ramesh P, Sethi A. Trabeculectomy Augmented with Limited Deep Sclerectomy and Cyclodialysis with Use of Scleral Tissue as a Spacer. J Ophthalmic Vis Res. 2022;17(4):596-600.
- Unusual case of elevator deficit: looking beyond the extraocular muscles. Ramesh P, Dhiman R, Sharma S, Saxena R.BMJ Case Rep. 2021 Jan 15;14(1):e239344. doi: 10.1136/bcr-2020-239344
- Retinopathy in severe aplastic anaemia.Selvan H, Azad SV, Ramesh P, Bhakthaganesh K.BMJ Case Rep. 2019 Oct 14;12(10):e232426. doi: 10.1136/bcr-2019-232426
- Impact of Clear Corneal Incision Morphology on Incision-Site Descemet Membrane Detachment in Conventional and Femtosecond Laser-Assisted Phacoemulsification. Titiyal JS, Kaur M, Ramesh P, Shah P, Falera R, Bageshwar LMS, Kinkar A, Sharma N
- Tripathy K, Ramesh P, Sharma Y R. Headache and amaurosis fugax in an obese woman BMJ 2015; 351 :h6365 doi:10.1136/bmj.h6365
Chapters in books :
- Traumatic Retinal Detachment- Ophthalmology Clinics for Postgraduates (edition 1)
- Electrophysiology –Retina-Medical and Surgical Management (edition 1)
- Optical Coherence Tomography- Ophthalmology Clinics for Postgraduates (edition 2)
- Clinical trials in Glaucoma- Postgraduate Ophthalmology, 2nd edition- Dr. Dewang Angmo, Dr. Priyanka Ramesh
- Clinical trials in Glaucoma- Handbook of Clinical Trials in Ophthalmology, 2nd edition- Dr. Priyanka Ramesh, Dr. Shikha Gupta
- Diagnosis and Management of Primary Open Angle Glaucoma by AIOS- Assistant Editor
- Angle assessment lecture- UBM and ASOCT- Invited guest lecture- Asia pacific Glaucoma Conference 2021
- Comparison of iCare tonometry with Goldmann Applanation and Noncontact tonometry in glaucomatous and non-glaucomatous eyes – AIIMS Research Day 2019 (E-Poster)
- Comparison of iCare ic200 and Perkin tonometry in paediatric glaucoma- GSI annual conference 2019 (Physical Poster)
- Comparison of iCare tonometry with Goldmann Applanation and Noncontact tonometry in glaucomatous and non-glaucomatous eyes- Paper presentation- AIOC 2020
- Incisional Goniotomy, A savior in cases of failed trabeculectomies in adult glaucoma- Free paper presentation AIOC2021
- Morgagnian Cataract- Trials and Triumphs- IIRSI New Delhi 2019 (Video presentation)
- Evaluation of systemic factors in the causation and recovery of ischaemic ocular mononeuropathy- Poster podium presentation – Indian Neurophthalmological Society (INOS) annual conference 2019
- An unusual case of elevation deficit, Thinking beyond the extraocular muscles- E-Case presentation (2nd prize) INOS 2019
MEMBERSHIPS IN SCIENTIFIC SOCIETIES:
- All India Ophthalmological Society
- Karnataka Ophthalmic Society
- Strabismus and Paediatric Ophthalmological Society of India
- Undergraduate- clinical demonstration, clinical case discussion, CBME and theory classes Postgraduate- daily teaching in OPD, wards and OT, guidance and moderation for seminars, case discussions, assisting in surgical cases in OT and training in wet lab.
- Optometry- theory classes for BSc optometry (RPC AIIMS)
- Biomedical engineering- theory classes (MIT)
Actively involved in
- Cataract screening reach in camps organised by the department of Community Ophthalmology, Dr. R.P centre , AIIMS
- Regular OPDs at Primary Health Centre run by the department of Community Ophthalmology, Dr. R.P centre, AIIMS
- DBCS camp OPD under KMC Manipal
- Performing cataract surgeries as a part of DBCS programme in KMC manipal.