A squint problem is generally said to be a medical condition where your eyes will not be aligned properly with each other. Most probably you can see this kind of condition in children and also it affects adults. This kind of problem is said to be as cross-eyed or wall eye. Squint in an adult is said to be a strabismus. There are a lot of ways in which you can cure them by applying a lot of surgical and also non-surgical methods according to your wish and need you can get a secure treatment but always get it from the best eye care provider in the city. The prevalence of squint is 2-5% in the worldwide population, mostly at the age of 3 children get to develop squint at most cases.
The symptoms of strabismus are quite difficult for you to detect. At the initial stage, you will never feel any kind of difference. When it comes to children they will explain to you that their visions are not properly focusing on anything or viewing anything. You need to consult a specialist if you have got these kinds of symptoms that includes blurred vision or in many cases, people may get lazy eyes.
How can the squint be classified?
It is classified based on the
- Direction of the ice deviation
- When does the squint occur
- Knowing about the severity of the squint
- Age factor
When can you visit a doctor?
You must visit a doctor and get to know about your problem because this comes in rare cases and mainly if you do not treat them and leave them as such there are many chances for you to develop a tumor. If you visit your doctor immediately then they will do some kind of diagnosis and find out the problem and also will rectify the problem. Prefer the experienced squint surgeon from the top eye care provider in South India.
Causes of squint eye
The most important cause for squint eye is mainly because of the muscle region at your eye or it may even cause damage to the nerves that are important for vision. When the muscles in your eye region get weak when compared to the normal muscle then this will lose its coordination and will automatically drop down in efficiency. As a result, one eye will start to focus on the other direction even if you are looking in one particular direction. People from outside will think that you are seeing somewhere while they are talking to you.
The brain will receive two different types of signals from your eyes and automatically your brain will ignore the important messages that you're weaker eyes provide. Due to the general health condition and also an injury in your eyes, this kind of squint eye will develop during the time of birth itself, and slowly it will start to develop.
Risk in squint eye
- If you have any kind of neurological problems then there are many chances for the nerves to damage your eyes and develop a squint eye.
- Getting a head injury may also damage your brain automatically this will lose control of your eye movement and automatically squint eye will be developed.
- If thyroid hormone is being produced too much without having control and this develops Grave's disease which causes squint.
- For the person having a family history of squint eye then there are many possibilities for that particular person also to get the eye.
- People who have been infected with Down syndrome or stroke or any kind of cerebral palsy or prone to the squint eye.
- Farsighted people will also develop squint eyes because when you do not wear proper glasses you will automatically put extra strain to view the object clearly during that time there are many chances for you to get squint.
How can it be corrected?
It is not that the squint eye can treat itself without the help of medical aid.
- You will have to reach out to the doctor so that you can be diagnosed better.
- When your doctor suspects that you have got squinted eyes then the first prescription that they will do is to make you wear glasses. After that, your doctor will examine you again and check how your eye is behaving to you after wearing spectacles.
- According to your age factor, your doctor will ask you to do some of the exercises and in addition to that if you are having lazy eye or amblyopia patching the healthy eye will be recommended by your doctor.
- If it is a child then this kind of work will be helpful and also will give proper improvement for the weaker eye and this will make your brain to be forced in receiving the signals only from the weaker eye. Under the age of eight children have got a lot of successful results in performing this kind of treatment.
- Before the testing is done your eye doctor will use some kind of eye drops which will dilate the pupil and will be easy to suspension.
- With the help of vision therapy, it is not that you can completely cure strabismus but there are many chances for them to be controlled and also will be more beneficial.
- The first exercise that you can perform is you’ll have to hold a pencil and you have to stretch your hands and keep the pencil midway you'll have to focus on them.
- You will have to focus the pencil by moving them here and there mainly you will have to move the pencil front and back near your nose and try to observe only one single image if possible.
- If you have left your single image anywhere then you need not worry about it instead you can start from the beginning.
- Doing this exercise in your free time for at least 15 minutes a day and continuing them for about six weeks will be helpful for you to know about the effectiveness of the exercise and you can get more advantages. The experienced squint specialist will notify you with the correct vision therapies which could assist in improving your vision.
Glasses can generally help your child to focus on the long side minimally by wearing the glasses.
Doing exercise will make the control of the high movement and also the muscles to be strong and this will give you many opportunities to sometimes help in the eye to work together.
The surgery will involve the movement of the eye and bringing them to an equal position so that the line of the eye will be correctly fixed.
Eye muscles injections
This kind of thing will last only for about 3 months where which will weaken your eye muscles but brings your eyes in a better line.
The problem that may occur if the squint is not treated
- There are many chances for the eyes to get even worse than normal if it is left untreated.
- You may start to get double vision and the blurred vision will develop more
- Your brain will start to ignore every signal that is being coming from the affected eye and your child will never be able to develop normal eyesight.
- The low self-estimation will be done with embarrassment.
When to reach the doctor after being treated?
- After you are done with your treatment your doctor will prescribe you some of the eye drops and medicines taking them continuously will be helpful for you to stay away from the rivers of squint.
- After you are done with the surgical or nonsurgical treatment and later if you feel any kind of discomfort in your eye then reaching your doctor again should be done without thinking that it will not do anything to you.
If you properly follow all of these things then you can step away from the squint eye by getting proper treatment and following the proper prescription. Choose the right eye care specialty hospital in South India get the world class treatment for your squint eye issue.