Corneal irregularities are abnormalities in the shape or curvature of the cornea, the clear front part of the eye. These irregularities can cause vision problems, such as blurry vision, astigmatism, and halos and starbursts at night.
Contoura LASIK is a type of laser vision correction surgery that can be used to treat corneal irregularities. It uses a 3D map of the cornea to create a personalized treatment plan. This makes it a good option for people who may not be suitable for traditional LASIK surgery.
During Contoura LASIK, a femtosecond laser is used to create a thin flap in the cornea. The flap is then lifted up and the excimer laser is used to reshape the underlying corneal tissue. The flap is then replaced and the eye heals naturally.
Contoura LASIK has been shown to be effective in treating a variety of corneal irregularities, including:
- Thin corneas
- Ectasia (a condition in which the cornea bulges)
- Dry eye
- Keratoconus (a condition in which the cornea becomes cone-shaped)
- Pterygium (a growth on the cornea)
- Scars on the cornea
Benefits of Contoura LASIK for corneal irregularities:
- Improved vision: Contoura LASIK can help to improve vision significantly in people with corneal irregularities.
- Reduced need for glasses or contact lenses: Contoura LASIK can reduce or eliminate the need for glasses or contact lenses in many people with corneal irregularities.
- Safer than traditional LASIK: Contoura LASIK is safer than traditional LASIK for people with corneal irregularities, because it uses a 3D map of the cornea to create a personalized treatment plan.
- Faster recovery: Contoura LASIK has a faster recovery time than traditional LASIK.
At Eye Foundation, we have Contoura LASIK treatment to improve your vision and address corneal irregularities. Schedule an appointment now to say goodbye to glasses or contact lenses and experience a safer, faster recovery with our expert care.