Oculoplasty and Facial aesthetic surgery
Having perfect eyes will lift the overall appearance of your face unfortunately it is not like that for some people. But still, now there is no reason about getting worried about it because there is a surgery called Oculoplasty and facial aesthetics that could assist you in getting the shape of your eyes. Oculoplastic is commonly said to be ophthalmic plastic surgery, the surgery done in and around the areas of your eyes. Not all ophthalmologists can do this thus you should look for a successful oculoplastic surgeon from a reputed eye care service provider.
The oculoplastic surgery will be concerned with the areas of,
- Lacrimal gland
- Orbit (eye socket)
- Skin tumor of eyelids
By combining the microsurgical procedures of ophthalmology with the concepts of eye surgery The eye Foundation provides you with the best class of oculoplastic and facial aesthetic surgery.
Who needs Oculoplastic surgery?
Usually, ophthalmologists don’t suggest the surgeries but still, if they are recommending you to get oculoplastic or ophthalmic plastic surgery then you will be experiencing some of the highly concerned symptoms mentioned below.
- Blinking eyes is normal but when it goes beyond the necessity
- Growth of tumor in or around the areas of the eye
- Blockage in tear ducts or lacrimal glands
- Ptosis, downwards hanging of eyelids
- Entropion or Ectropion (Tear in eyelids)
- Wrinkles or folding around the eyes
- Excessive fats in eyelids
- Orbit tumors
- Twitching of eyes
The blepharoplasty is removing the excess fats from the upper as well as the lower part of the eyes. This process of fat removal is also called eye lifting because through this the bagginess of the eye will reduce.
Who wants to get blepharoplasty?
This surgery will be performed for cosmetic reasons mainly when the fat increases in the areas of the eye that automatically get interfere with your vision thus by blepharoplasty they are removed so that your vision will get improved.
Through this surgery you can only lift the skin it won’t help you in reducing the dark circles or any facial wrinkles but it can be done with other procedures. The excess fat over the upper eyelids will bring the additional fold that falls on your vision and the excess lower eyelids fat will brings wrinkles and bulges to the skin.
To cushion the eyeball there will be fat that can also make your upper and lower eyelids bulge there you may require this surgery to improve your vision.
Eligible candidates to get blepharoplasty
- People with good health are always eligible to take any kind of surgery. If these baggy eyelids are through your hereditary then it is advisable to take the surgery as much as earlier because age naturally brings wrinkles to the face so to avoid making it complicated it is good to take it earlier.
- As per the survey, most of them are taking this surgery at and above 35 years. The blepharoplasty or eyelid surgery could improve the overall appearance and also boost your confidence to face the external world.
- Before deciding to get eyelid surgery taking a consultation with a top blepharoplasty surgeon will be the good one to know everything about it to prepare you for it.
When you cry the tear will get ooze out from the lacrimal gland via tiny drainage tubes but sometimes they may get blocked or narrowed this will cause extra fluid to get settle down in the duct and that leaves watery eyes.
This is where you will be requiring dacryocystitis treatment from an ophthalmic specialist they conduct further tests to make confirm that you are requiring a dacryocystorhinostomy or lacrimal duct surgery. With the help of this surgery tears inside the duct will get drained from the eyes.
In the world population, about 5% of infants are born with these defective eyes but this will get to normal on its own within a few months or two years of the baby. Women over 40 are more likely to get lacrimal gland duct blockage because of their hormonal changes.
When you are having saggy eyelids or your eyelids cover your pupil it is said to be Ptosis. This is not painful but it blocks your sight view. To see something clearly either the person should lift their head back and lift their chin or should lift their eyebrows which will reduce the interference of eyelids from your sight.
The person with long-time Ptosis may develop amblyopia if it is noticed in children it should be treated earlier so that it won’t cause long-term vision loss in them. The adult gets this when the nerves that control eyelid muscles get damaged. Rarely it also come with the age, the muscles around the eyes becoming weaker. Oculoplastic surgery could rectify this issue but get it from the best oculoplasty surgery eye hospital.
Entropion and Ectropion
Both entropion and ectropion is the eye problem that arises because of the eyelids,
- Entropion is when the eyelids turn inside and cause your eyelashes to disturb your cornea
- Ectropion is when the eyelid turns out of the eyes and that does not touch your eyes
This eye problem is caused because of the aging factor but it could be corrected with the help of oculoplastic surgery. The chance of entropion or ectropion after 60 is 2.1% according to the reports.
The eye is placed in between the protective bones the upper part of the eye is protected by part of your frontal bones and the lower part of the eyes by cheekbones when any of the bones are got broken or any damage to it is said to be as orbital fractures.
When rough surfaced things fit your face with high gravity forces that cause the bone breakage on your face and the majority of them are caused by accidents the orbital fractures are called eye socket fractures. The mild fracture doesn’t require any surgery but the heavy damage about 50% requires it immediately. Oculoplasty surgery could help you in re-establishing support to the socket.
Other oculoplastic and facial aesthetic surgery includes,
Thyroid eye disease is common in thyroid patients, in this condition the tissues undergo some changes and also make the eye muscles get bulge that affecting your vision. People with thyroid eye disease encounter symptoms like watery eyes, double vision, bulging eyes, and difficulty in closing the eyes. According to the study, it is an autoimmune disorder and vision-threatening eye disorder. The treatment includes anti-inflammatory drugs and oculoplastic surgery. With proper guidance from an ophthalmologist, this eye issue could be treated and cured.
are extra growth or abnormal growth around the eyes, this could be benign or malignant. With the help of world-class equipment from the best oculoplastic hospitals, you could remove them when they are in their beginning. Timely consultation and guidance are required to save your vision from threat.
Pre-preparation for surgery
- If you have decided to get oculoplasty and facial aesthetic surgery the first thing to do is get proper consultation from an experienced oculoplastic surgeon because they make you know everything related to it and how it becomes possible to perform in your case. After hearing all the basic things about the surgery you could take your decision.
- Usually, when you are to get any kind of eye surgery you should stop taking medications at least three days before the surgery and should avoid stressing your eyes.
- If you are a lens wearer it is advisable not to use them before three days of surgery. Still, there is some more pre-preparation to be done it will get explained by your oculoplastic surgeon once the surgery schedule is confirmed.
Who couldn’t get oculoplastic surgery?
- People with medical contraindications
- People who are taking treatment for other eye-related ailments
- People below a particular age (it get varies based on eye issues)