Consultant Cataract, Paediatric & Neuro Ophthalmology at The Eye Foundation Trichy Tamil Nadu.
Associate Consultant (Cornea, Cataract and Refractive surgery) Jun 2015 - Current
- Institute of Ophthalmology Joseph Eye Hospital
- Consistently improved patient quality of life through surgical procedures, treatments and professional
- Operated over 5000 cataract patients till now.
- Effectively led teams of junior level physicians, nurses and medical students in caring for inpatient,
outpatient, and surgical patients to ensure quality care (Jun 2015 ).
Specialist Ophthalmology Jun 2011 - May 2013
- Satellite hospitals of Joseph Eye Hospital Worked as a medical officer and was in-charge for many satellite hospitals and treated numerous patience during this tenure.
- Conducted various cataract, cornea, anterior segments and refractive camps around India
- Managed, directed and coordinated activities of nurses, assistants, specialists, residents and other medical staff.
- Continuously maintained proper safety and took precautionary measures to avoid the spread of disease and infection.
Fellowships and special training :
- Fellowships in cornea and refractive surgery from Institute of Ophthalmology Joseph Eye Hospital,
- Advanced phacoemulsification training from Uma Eye Hospital, Chennai, India
- Ocular health expert
- Corneal diseases, diagnosis and treatment
- Phacoemulsification and manual small incision
methods of Cataract surgery
- Corneal collagen cross linking surgeries
- Refractive surgeries: LASIK
- Expertise in corneal topography interpretation
- Therapeutic and penetrating keratoplasty
- Amniotic membrane graft transplantation in
ocular surface disorders
- Oculoplasty surgeries like pterygium excision with
graft and autologous blood serum for fixing
pterygium autograft, excision biopsy
- Expertise in dry eye work up and treatment